What are dental cleanings and exams?
We believe the first step in achieving a healthier, happier smile is to have a clean smile. That is why Dr. Romeo and Dr. Cardenas offer dental cleanings and exams for all the members of your family. Dental cleanings and exams are an important time when our dentists and knowledgeable team take a number of measures to prevent decay and diagnose any existing conditions. It is also the ideal time to talk with us about your fears, concerns, and goals. We generally provide a dental cleaning and exam during your initial appointment and during routine checkups.
What are dental cleanings like?
A teeth cleaning in Macclenny, Florida, is generally performed by one of our dental hygienists under the direction of our dentists. During this time, we will:
- Clean each tooth to remove built-up plaque and tartar
- Examine each tooth for signs of decay and disease
- Take a series of digital X-rays to get a closer look at your smile
- Check existing dental restorations for any needed repairs
- Review your dental history and any questions you may have
- Apply topical fluoride for added protection against decay
We suggest coming in for a dental cleaning at least once every six months or as recommended by our team. If it has been a long time since you have been to the dentist, please come and see us. We look forward to taking care of your smile.